Invitation to Prayer and Fasting - March 22 - April 12
PRAYER AND FASTING GUIDE
In this time of uncertainty, you might be feeling out of control, powerless and without peace. Accepting that we are in a crisis is actually the first step in regaining our lives back. The times feel dark and foreboding, there is no getting around the sense that a storm is coming. I believe that there is a demonic evil at work behind the veil.
Here are my daily steps in this discipline:
- No Comfort Food. Our bodies need to be strong right now, so we are only fasting sweets, desserts, or any kind of “comfort food”. Eat to live, don’t live to eat.
- No Self Medication. We are fasting alcohol or any other substance that can be used for “self medication.”
Daily Exercise:Make your body your slave, exercise to burn that stress. If the apostle Paul worked out, so can you.
I don’t know about you, but I’m running hard for the finish line. I’m giving it everything I’ve got. No sloppy living for me! I’m staying alert and in top condition. I’m not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself. - 1 Corinthians 9:27 The Message (MSG)
Pray and declare scripture over your life.
- Pray scripture over your mind:
- Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. - Colossians 3:2
- ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. - Philippians 4:8
- Pray scripture over your emotions:
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. - 1 Timothy 1:7
I know that prayer works, and if we as a community commit to prayer and fasting we will regain control over our lives in a supernatural way. Our hope and confidence will be restored, we will become stronger in the Lord because of this pandemic. We will persevere under this trial and not give up, we will run this race and receive a crown of victory!
- Pastor Joshua Kapchinsky